Unit VII Quiz
Top of Form
1. This technological tool used by ecologists can be employed to determine deforestation rates across the world.
Global positioning system
Geographic information system
1. Habitat fragmentation can cause abiotic changes in landscape patches. Which of the following is NOT an abiotic factor?
1. Which of the following practices would not be used to restore longleaf pine savanna in the American South?
Controlled grazing by cattle
Planting line seedlings in low densities at the restoration site
Thinning the forest canopy to create open conditions
1. The Curtis Prairie at the University of Wisconsin was an early successful restoration project for tallgrass prairie. Which of the following restoration treatments was not employed at Curtis Prairie?
Removal of undesirable herbaceous and woody plants
Planting and seedling of native species
Grazing by American bison
1. Forest thinning is done in a conservation area to provide open habitat for a particular plant species. The timber is sold to the highest bidder. What type of ecological service would this action be?
1. Match the term to the description.
A species best preserved at the landscape scale.
Needs prescribed fire for restoration.
A forest interior species rare in fragmented landscapes.
An edge species common in fragmented landscapes.
Once covered over 120 million acres from Texas to Canada.
Occurs in local peat moss-dominated forested wetlands
Bottom of Form